Thank you for trusting our firm to handle your upcoming closing. To ensure a smooth transaction, we have composed a closing checklist that we hope you will find helpful. Please feel free to contact us directly if you have any further questions or concerns.
Prior to Closing
- Buyer Information Sheet – Complete and submit electronically your Buyer Information Sheet.
We will send you an email with a link to our secure portal where you can login and safely provide your personal information electronically.
- Wiring Instructions – Login to our secure portal and download our wiring instructions.
Due to fraud concerns, our wiring instructions will never be sent via email. We will send you a link to log into our secure portal to download our wiring instructions.
- Please wire your funds for closing at least one (1) day in advance of closing to avoid any delays.
- Inform us – If there are any specific circumstances that you think our firm should be aware of, please let us know in advance.
- Identification – Each Buyer must bring a valid, unexpired government issued form of identification.
- Checkbook – Bring a checkbook in case there are any additional funds needed that are under $1,000.00.
- Original Documents -If applicable, bring original documents, such as a Power of Attorney. We will need the original in order to close.
- Recorded Deed – Our firm will mail the recorded conveyancing deed approximately 45 days after closing, if not sooner.
- File for Homestead Exemption -If the property you are purchasing will be your primary residence, be sure to file for your Homestead Exemption with the county in which the property lies.
- Keep MMH in Mind – Keep our firm in mind for future closing transactions. We would love to serve you again.